As a vegetarian, I sometimes find it really difficult to find sandwiches. I like grilled cheese and mozzarella sandwiches, but I usually hate veggie wraps.
In accordance with trying not to eat greasy foods, I decided to order a Sconset sandwich from Jetties. A Sconset is: "hummus, muenster cheese, sprouts, tomato, carrots, cucumbers, and avocado spread on multi-grain."
It was quite tasty, though there were too many carrots for my liking and I took out the sprouts. The hummus and guacamole (avocado) was what really made it delicious.
To make your own Sconset:
- multigrain bread
- muenster cheese (cheddar would also work)
- sliced tomatoes
- cucumber slices
- take 2 slices of multigrain bread
- spread guacamole on one slice, hummus on the other
- add a slice of cheese on both slices of bread
- add tomatoes on one slice of bread, and cucumbers on the other
- put together
- toast (optional) for a few minutes
I love hummus and I love guacamole, but I would never have thought to put them together.