Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Veggie Sandwich that Isn't Gross


As a vegetarian, I sometimes find it really difficult to find sandwiches.  I like grilled cheese and mozzarella sandwiches, but I usually hate veggie wraps.

In accordance with trying not to eat greasy foods, I decided to order a Sconset sandwich from Jetties.  A Sconset is: "hummus, muenster cheese, sprouts, tomato, carrots, cucumbers, and avocado spread on multi-grain."

It was quite tasty, though there were too many carrots for my liking and I took out the sprouts.  The hummus and guacamole (avocado) was what really made it delicious.

To make your own Sconset:
Ingredients
- multigrain bread
- hummus
- guacamole
- muenster cheese (cheddar would also work)
- sliced tomatoes
- cucumber slices
Instructions
- take 2 slices of multigrain bread
- spread guacamole on one slice, hummus on the other
- add a slice of cheese on both slices of bread
- add tomatoes on one slice of bread, and cucumbers on the other
- put together
- toast (optional) for a few minutes
- eat

I love hummus and I love guacamole, but I would never have thought to put them together.


2 comments:

  1. Mmm, that sounds super delicious. It almost reminds me of the nacho dip mom makes (though I'm not sure if that's vegetarian/vegan?) - the one that's: cream cheese and pepper onion and relish salsa :P

    Regardless, my neighbor has hummus and I can always go get some guacamole. SNACK TIME! NOMNOMNOM :D

    ReplyDelete